We require an experienced, enthusiastic and talented Web Developer looking for an opportunity in a full service digital agency.
You will work in the development team on a mixture of web and application projects and ensure all project deadlines are met and the solutions we produce are of the highest quality in terms of code, techniques and best practices.
You will be responsible for coding, testing and delivering our web/app projects, checking and ensuring projects are delivered with high quality, well coded and secure work is produced, and that fully responsive, SEO friendly, accessible and mobile/tablet friendly web/app work is deployed.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to help develop and grow the web offering in a small, yet dynamic team within a busy integrated design and communications agency.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The role will require you to develop new and maintain existing dynamic websites, CMS, apps, eflyers and databases within our current web/app portfolio
- With responsibility for the coding, build, performance, testing, site and server security and maintenance of the solutions we provide
- Updating, bug fixing and support
- You will be responsible for helping to produce working technical specifications and estimated costs pre build and meeting all project delivery deadlines on time and within budget
- Innovate and embrace new web technologies to help keep our solutions relevant, secure and valuable
- Managing our portfolio of 3rd party hosted websites. Liaising with hosting suppliers and ensuring our hosting solutions are the very best for our clients in line with the sites needs
- Helping to build HTML emails and implement into delivery platforms
- Maintain good professional communication and working practises with our customers and staff alike, continuing to provide quality customer service and maintaining the excellent reputation we have built up over the years – be polite, courteous and helpful
- Ensure you are punctual, organised, dressed appropriately and deliver Outlooks core values
at all times
- Excellent Object-Oriented PHP skills
- NodeJS, MongoDB
- Good HTML/CSS skills (to modern HTML5 standards)
- A good understanding of user interface design for both web and mobile
- Keen to learn new technologies and skills
- Experience in cross browser / device testing
- A team player who can use initiative to produce work of high quality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A passion and understanding of all things digital
DESIRED EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge and experience developing dynamic web and intranet sites, CMS systems and web applications with the following:
- CSS, HTML 5
- NodeJS, MongoDB
- Linux/cloud hosting
- Jira, GitHub
- Application development expertise in Phone gap or similar framework for mobile and tablet apps
- A portfolio of work that includes examples of developing bespoke CMS systems and utilising open source CMS solutions
- E-commerce development
- An understanding of email marketing – Mailchimp, HTML eflyer build
- Bonus scheme linked to profit share
- Company Pension
- Option of Health care cover
Commitment – Working above and beyond the norm, helping to exceed client expectations by producing great work and being proud to work for Outlook.
Collaboration – Foster positive and productive working relationships with your colleagues, Client Services, producers and clients.
Creativity – Help to develop winning design solutions and ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking to tackle design and communication challenges.
Motivation – Continually set high standards and push yourself to learn new techniques, innovate, encourage and be a positive influence on the team.
Email CV and samples of your work to Jason@outlook.co.uk