Read the top 5 from our top 10 tips for conference venues. If you hold events regularly or are thinking of using a conference venue it is well worth a read!***
***Warning, contains some very tongue in cheek humor!
5) The weight loading on your hanging points – every production company who’s ever used the room asks you the same questions guys, so how about you draft up a ‘useful bits of information list’ for all staff tasked with showing people around?
4) Current Health & Safety regulations require a bit more than a fag paper between tables during a Gala Dinner & those Fire Exits work so much better when you can open them.
3) When you quote a meeting room’s capacity, why not work on the basis that someone will probably want to put some form of staging in? Maybe even have a Control point? Quoting 600 people standing ‘festival-style’ is NO use…unless we’ve proposing a festival.
2) Do you have plans for ALL the meeting rooms in your venue? Do you have them in a digital format professional AV and production companies recognise and can actually use? Yellowing A3 photocopies are not acceptable. And no, when we’ve redrawn all your rooms for you, you can’t have a copy.
1) Have you got an accurate set of floor plans for the room? No, not that abstract sketch on your website & not a ten year old piece of parchment with measurements in ‘chains’ and annotations in Latin! Have you got a proper CAD drawing of the room you’re charging £6,000 a day for, showing all doors, columns, power sockets, heights & widths?
For the rest of the top ten have a look at our earlier blog post