Pictures, words and sounds – they make a beautiful partnership. Video is the number one format that billions of people use to seek out answers to their questions! Read how to use an explainer video to get customer loyalty.
Explainer videos are short, to the point and focus on getting across key information that’ll improve the viewer’s life in some way. There’s no fluff, no in-depth facts and they usually focus on a simple Q&A approach. These videos work best if kept to an effective length. The viewer just wants to load the video, get the answer they’re looking for and, best of all, walk away feeling warm and cosy about the brand that’s helped them. The better the brand is at doing this – and the more support you can give through using this effective channel – the more your audience will soon become your trusting customer.
Follow some simple rules and let your video explainer do the work for you:
- Be clear – Really understand what your key message is. You want to be useful to your audience, so think about what is the one question that needs answering. Remember, if you’re looking to gain trust as an authority, then you need to be super confident that the information is accurate!
- Style and format – Make sure that you put your message into the right style and format for your audience to understand it easily. Pictures, words and sounds can be combined to create MANY wonderful videos, not forgetting the tone of voice and creative approach taken too. A badly selected approach can do more damage than not having a video in the first place. I mean, how would YOU respond to an amusing animated cartoon when searching for information on funeral planning?
- Where it’s seen – This is a key consideration in any marketing tactic with many channels open (such as a blog!). However, with video you can make some pretty basic assumptions. It’s going to be seen on YouTube! Whether embedded on your website or found via a Google search, YouTube is STILL the most widely used platform for video, with over 1 billion users! Sure you’ve got options, but why make things complicated?
- What happens next – Think about what you want the viewer to feel once they’ve got to the end. How will they likely respond? Do you want them to make a purchase, share the knowledge or subscribe to your channel? After all, an explainer video is all about supporting the brand to make the customer feel unique.
Autoglass® explains how it’s done
We’ve helped Autoglass® to create three explainer videos to effectively answer questions that they are regularly asked:
- Can my windscreen be repaired?
- What will happen when you repair a chip?
- What will happen when you replace my windscreen?
The brand are using video in the perfect way. Their customers have questions, Autoglass® have the answers, and they communicate them in the most effective and convenient way!
If you can consistently use video to build trust more effectively than your competition, you’ll soon earn the reputation of being experts in your field.
Explainers don’t need to cost a lot, so get in touch to talk through how we can help you to give your customers more of what they want, get your brand moving up the SEO ranking and establish yourself as the go-to brand!